Kingston Audiology Center
Discover Better Hearing Today!
Welcome to Kingston Audiology Center
Why Choose Kingston Audiology Center?
At Kingston Audiology Center, we will diagnose the severity and type of hearing loss you have, as well as recommend the best solution for your needs and lifestyle. We offer a wide range of services for patients of all ages, from pediatrics to adults. Our services include adult and pediatric comprehensive hearing exams, hearing aid services and repairs, musician earplugs, tinnitus management, and assistive listening devices.
We are here to provide Kingston and the surrounding communities with exceptional audiological care. We want you to feel confident rejoining conversations and connecting with your loved ones again, all through improved hearing.
What Can You Expect
at your first appointment:
When you come to Kingston Audiology Center you will always be greeted as soon as you walk in the door. Our audiologist, Cheryl L. Barron, will begin your appointment by gathering your hearing history. She will ask you some questions on what brought you in, where you are having difficulties with your hearing, and what your expectations are. After a brief conversation getting to know you, then our audiologist will begin the hearing evaluation.
- To begin, our audiologist will first look inside your ears with an otoscope. She will ensure there is no earwax build-up or signs of infection inside your ear before continuing.
- Then she will perform the hearing test. The hearing test consist of a series of tone tests where you will listen for different frequencies and tones of sounds.
- After your hearing test our audiologist will go over the results of your audiogram with you and explain what degree of hearing loss you may have.
- Then our audiologist will go over some options for hearing aids and will help you select the right device. We even offer demo hearing aids in office that you can try on and experience how they feel and sound in your ears.
- Once you’ve decided which hearing aids you would like to move forward with, we will place an order for them and schedule you back in for a fitting appointment when they arrive.
Why We Partner with The HearStrong Foundation
Kingston Audiology Center is a proud partner of the HearStrong Foundation, an organization dedicated to helping people get the hearing care they need. 80% of people who have hearing loss let it go untreated. HearStrong aims to close this gap by tackling common barriers to care such as social stigmas, financial difficulties, lack of awareness and resources, and more.
- Sharing the stories of remarkable people with hearing loss
- Connecting people with hearing loss to providers who can help them
- Gifting hearing aids to those in need
As a practice dedicated to helping everyone get the hearing care they deserve, HearStrong’s mission is very important to us. Together we can shatter stigmas and change the face of hearing loss!
Preferred Provider for the NFL Players Association
Kingston Audiology Center is a preferred hearing care provider for the NFL Players Association’s Professional Athletes Foundation. By partnering with EarQ providers, the PAF aims to bring better hearing to former professional athletes and their fans across the nation. Together, we spread awareness, help players in need of hearing care, and collected data on the connection between hearing loss and professional football.